АРЕС PetroTechnic is an educational organization that trains oil and gas industry professionals to the highest standard of international labor demands and requirements. APEC PetroTechnic aims to become:
TOP 3 the best technical and vocational education organization in Kazakhstan;
TOP 10 the best technical and vocational education organization in the CIS;
TOP 100 the best technical and vocational education organization in the world..
Our mission is to be a Kazakhstani role model for the technical and vocational education system through the implementation of modern techniques and technologies into the learning process, and adjusting it based on the best international practices.
The academic leadership development and maintenance;
To assist in the technical and vocational education modernization in Kazakhstan, through the transmission of the best international practices;
Infrastructure, equipment, material and technical basis development to the current international industry trends;
Social partnership development;
To become the center of the spiritual and patriotic development of youth in Atyrau.
Successful promotion of the professional brand APEC Petrotechnic;
An effective personnel management system launch and execution;
Ensuring financial stability of the APEC Petrotechnic.
Development and support of academic leadership.
Objective 1. Training personnel against the programs that correspond to the international standards.
- Independent implementation of the curriculum for 2017-2018 academic year.
- Accreditation of programs with world leading organizations in personnel training for oil & gas and associated branches of the industry which in turn enables APEC students to earn an international degree or certificate.
- Further development of the educational system at a work place. In 2018-2019 academic year 30% of graduating students will be embraced in the education system at their work places, in 2021-2022 – 40% and in 2025-26 – 50%.
- Introducing a personnel training system against applied bachelor’s degree programs starting from 2017.
- Discussing and agreeing with employers on the content of the programs.
- Starting from 2016-2017 personnel will be getting trained in 6 fields of study and from 2021-2022 – in 9.
- Starting from 2018 all graduating students will be subject to screening.
- Starting from 2016-2017 academic year APEC will develop its own learning and teaching aids and methodology for assessment of students that correspond to the Kazakhstani standards and international requirements.
Objective 2. Establishing communication with foreign universities and colleges.
- Co-operation with foreign universities and colleges will be maintained in the following fields:
- Involving foreign students – the number of foreign students of APEC Petro Technic will come up to a minimum of 10 people in 2018, a minimum of 20 people in 2021 and a minimum of 30 people in 2025.
- Academic mobility of students – the number of foreign partner organizations for delivery of the students’ academic mobility program will make not less than 1 in 2018, a minimum of 2 in 2021 and a minimum of 3 in 2025.
- Teachers exchange and practical training – 10% of teachers will be involved in the program of exchanging experience with foreign educational institutions in 2018, 15% - in 2021 and 20% - in 2025.
- Issuance of dual degrees – dual-degree education programs will be arranged for in co-operation with foreign organizations by means of integrating education programs. There is a plan to arrange for a dual-degree education program in co-operation with one foreign organization by 2019 and with a minimum of 2 foreign organizations by 2022.
Objective 3. Development of qualified teaching staff.
- The ratio of teaching staff enrolled in technical programs, who will take practical training at plants in 2018 will amount to 30%, in 2021 – to 50% and in 2025 – to 80%. This practice will allow to teach students in accordance with the best-practices directly used in production environment.
- A system of exchanging experience in teaching proficiency between national and foreign educational institutions will be established. 30% of APEC teachers will be involved in exchange of experience between national and foreign educational institutions by 2019, 50% by 2022 and 70% by 2025.
- A mentorship system will be established to regulate and deliver practices used for practical training of teachers which will enable APEC to prevent deficiency of teachers.
- Professional self-development, self-fulfillment and self-improvement will be used as a basis for ensuring continuous professional advancement of the APEC Petro Technic teaching staff.
Objective 4. Development of research activities.
- APEC Petro Technic will provide all conditions required for teachers to be busy with science, to be involved in research programs and to publish the results of their researches.
- Within the exchange of experience APEC will establish communication with researchers and research institutes of other countries.
- APEC Petro Technic nurtures a plan to win grants with external sources including those awarded by the RoK Ministry of Education and Science, World Bank, etc.
Objective 5. Automating the curriculum
Starting from the 2017-2018 academic year the entire curriculum will be completely automated.
Sharing the experience
Objective 1. Development of an experience sharing model.
- The first stage of sharing the experience will result in development of a model that provides for analyzing activities of assumed educational institutions for sharing the experience and staged introduction of the APEC Petro Technic experience. Such model will be developed in co-operation with “Kassipkor” Non-commercial JSC Holding Company till 2017.
- The second stage will arrange for a set of measures for implementing best practices of APEC Petro Technic in operations of a particular educational institution based on the made assessment of the condition Sharing the experience of APEC Petro Technic will eventually result in issuance of an APEC Petro Technic certificate of conformity.
Objective 2. Setting APEC Petro Technic standards of quality
- APEC Petro Technic will become a new point of development in the Technical and Professional Education System of Kazakhstan. In this regard and within experience sharing APEC Petro Technic will develop its own standards of quality containing respective requirements.
- Educational institutions implementing the experience of APEC Petro Technic will be subject to annual audits in accordance with the developed requirements.
- As a result of work completed in 2018 the number of educational institutions within the Technical and Professional Education System working as per the APEC Petro Technic standards will make 1, in 2021 – 3 and in 2025 – 5.
Development of Infrastructure and Material Supplies and Technical Resources
Objective 1. Infrastructure upgrade
- The number of new technologies implemented for the purpose of enhancing the energy efficiency of APEC Petro Technic will reach a minimum of 2 by 2019, a minimum of 5 by 2022 and a minimum of 7 in 2025.
- APEC Petro Technic will take measures to improve the security system of its campus and landscape its area. Not less than 70% of the overall area of APEC Petro Technic will be landscaped in 2018, and this value will reach 100% in 2021.
Objective 2. Enhancement of material supplies and technical resources
- Workshops, class rooms and libraries will be additionally equipped to the requirements of new opened degrees.
- APEC Petro Technic-supplied equipment will comply with the requirements set forth by employers and process changes in the branch of industry.
- Webinars, video communication conferences, computer-based simulators, business games, etc. will be introduced to the curriculum.
- Equipment deployment in compliance with the curricula against all available degrees will have reached 100 % till 2020.
Social Partnership Development
Objective 1. Building solid business relations with employer companies.
- Co-operation with employer companies will be maintained in the following fields:
- Involvement in development of education programs and curricula – the number of companies involved in development of education programs and curricula will reach 10 in 2018, 20 in 2021 and 30 in 2025.
- Arranging for in-service and practical trainings at plants (in-process training) – the number of contracts will reach 50 in 2018, 70 in 2021 and 80 in 2025.
- When providing assistance to ventures in upgrading training equipment, furnishing or repairing training rooms the number of equipment units to be supplied by companies in 2018 will be not less than 10, in 2021 - not less than 20 and in 2025 - not less than 30.
- Arranging for screening of APEC Petro Technic students - the ratio of graduating students to be embraced by the screening system in 2018 will be 50%, in 2021 - 70% and in 2025 - 100%.
- Assisting graduates in employment - the ratio of employed graduates shall annually reach a minimum of 80% starting from 2018.
- Expanding the reach of co-operation with employers. The total number of companies that will strike agreements for co-operation with APEC Petro Technic by 2022 will not be less than 150.
- APEC Petro Technic will develop a system of its involvement in professional development of employer companies' personnel and strike a minimum of 7 agreements in 2021 and 10 - in 2025.
Objective 2. Building strong business relations with regional executive agencies, National Chamber of Entrepreneurs and other non-governmental organizations and public associations.
- Close co-operation with Astana and Almaty Province and City Departments of Education in career guidance activities and sharing the experience of APEC Petro Technic. Career guidance will cover all regions of Kazakhstan in 2018.
- With a view to determine the need for qualified personnel for the oil & gas branch of industry one will work with Department of Employment Coordination and Social Programs.
- APEC Petro Technic will structure work with the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs for assistance in organizing practical training and employment of its students.
- For the purpose of ensuring the content of curricula is relevant APEC will build relations with non-governmental organizations and public associations involved in the oil & gas branch of industry. The number of agreements with non-governmental organizations and public associations involved in the oil & gas and associated branches of industry will amount to a minimum of 5 in 2018, not less than 10 in 2021 and up to 20 in 2025.
- APEC Petro Technic Industrial Council will become the base forum for discussions and decision making with regard to staffing for the oil & gas branch of industry of Kazakhstan.
Presenting the college as the center of spiritual growth and patriotic education of young people of Atyrau
Presenting the college as the center of spiritual growth and patriotic education of young people of Atyrau.
Objective 1. Building a system to bring up ideologically educated and spiritually grown young people with a patriotic attitude.
- APEC Petro Technic will set its character education system to raise hard-working, thrifty and optimistic young people capable of coping with difficulties.
- Regular workshops, training sessions and team games will be aimed at development of personality traits and moral-and-patriotic education of students.
- Within personal development of students one will work to discover their abilities to express and defend their public position, make a critical assessment of their own intentions, thoughts and deeds.
- Measures to be taken will aim at explaining the moral foundation of a family such as love, mutual help, respect for parents, care of the juniors and elders, responsibility for a family member, etc.
- As a result of taking the above measures the ratio of APEC Petro Technic students involved in the public life of Atyrau city and its own will reach 15% in 2018, a minimum of 18% in 2021 and 20% in 2025.
Objective 2. Making a cult of a healthy lifestyle in the students’ environment.
Work on forming a healthy lifestyle among students will be aimed at the following:
- Building a habit of consuming healthy food with students;
- Forming an active mode of life that includes physical exercises, strolls, runs in the fresh air, moderate sports activities, etc.;
- Giving up pernicious habits (alcohol, drugs, tobacco smoking);
- As a result of taking the above measures the ratio of students involved in activities meant for developing the healthy lifestyle will reach 50% in 2018, 60% in 2021 and 70% in 2025.
Objective 3. Establishing an active students' council.
- Establishing an APEC Petro Technic students’ council will be aimed at development of students’ creative initiatives, their responsibility and civiс position, self-dependence and social activity.
- The number of activities to be held by APEC Petro Technic students’ organizations will amount to a minimum 10 in 2018, 15 in 2021 and up to 20 in 2025.
- Promotion of the APEC Petro Technic brand.
Promotion of the APEC Petro Technic brand.
Objective 1. Development of a new high-quality brand book.
- For the purpose of performing an efficient work on earning a business reputation, APEC Petro Technic nurtures a plan to issue the new high-quality brand book, complying with all existing and future requirements, in 2016.
- The brand book is going to describe the concept of the brand, its attributes and target audience, and present APEC Petro Technic and provide further information necessary for establishing communication with business partners and development of APEC Petro Technic as a company in general.
Objective 2. Career guidance development.
- The work will be structured based on the availability of information related to professional and other activities; the work implies creation of a single information environment to be addressed to for using career guidance services irrespective of the place of residence, study, etc.
- With a view to recruit the best students for studying at APEC Petro Technic there is a plan of annual improvement of the system used to attract high school graduates.
- APEC Petro Technic will build up an efficient information sharing team for organizing career guidance activities.
- The total number of high school graduates who will apply for APEC Petro Technic admission in 2018 will amount to a minimum of 700 people, in 2021 – 800 people and in 2025 – 1000 people.
Development of an Efficient System of Personnel Management
Objective 1. Development of an efficient system used to assess the performance of APEC Petro Technic personnel.
- In 2016 APEC Petro Technic will complete development of the Personnel Performance Assessment System aimed at assessment of the personnel’s productivity and efficiency.
- The assessment will summarize not only the completed work, but also compliance with the business code, ethics, etc. as well as fostering and development of the APEC Petro Technic corporate culture.
- Compliance with the ISO international standard will reach 100% in 2018.
Objective 2. Development of the APEC Petro Technic personnel professional self-development system.
- In 2016 APEC Petro Technic will develop an integral document on professional self-development of its personnel.
- The ratio of the APEC Petro Technic personnel, embraced by the professional self-development program, will reach 20% in 2018, a minimum of 30% in 2021 and not less than 50% in 2025.
- Professional self-development of the teaching staff will be focused on discovering new teaching and learning approaches, development of an individual creative behavior of a teacher, expressed as a concept of professional mindset.
Ensuring financial solidity of APEC PetroTechnic
Objective 1. Development of an efficient financial planning system.
- Cost estimates will be made to achieve the milestones and accomplish the tasks specified in the development strategy.
- In monetary terms the financial result at the year-end will amount to +150 million tenge in 2018, a minimum of +200 million tenge in 2021 and not less than +250 million tenge in 2025.
Objective 2. Commercializing development.
- Core areas of the APEC Petro Technic commercial activity are as follows:
- In-service training, training and requalification of manpower for the oil & gas branch of industry;
- In-service training in welding operations;
- Delivery of educational services in non-production discipline (industrial safety, safety, English Language and other training courses).
- APEC will develop its commercial development model in 2016.
- As a result of the properly set trend of commercial activity development the ratio of investments from commercial projects will reach a minimum of 20% in 2018, a minimum of 25% in 2021 and not less than 30% in 2025.